In cold blood.
Behind a church.
(6:50PM)
Left it in dumpster.
Permanently stained the mortal bloody coloration of a sunset.
Walked away with neon skyscape juices and greying downy fluff all up my arms.
Witching hour run to Safeway for Half and Half and Cat food.
(12:01AM)
FIlled my coffee mug with the cheap ground chicken-and-pig parts
Of little mention,
And subjected my Feline companion to that luxury of Sweet, Fattening
Creme de la creme.
I watched some nameless/faceless/humorless comic
Tell his poorly composed funnies
(3:30AM)
To a hall of endless mangled bodies I could not see,
But knew were there.
I wish I could see them.
And I laughed with the studio audience,
Following the onstage cue-cards,
I laughed till I cried and cried till I laughed again
Until I realized that the television was muted.
Then I laughed some more.
When you take a couple thousand steps back from human nature
When you really truly desensitize yourself,
EVERYTHING's funny.
I watched this terrible tyrant/executioner of a man
Peddle his jokes like a pusher to the starved and thirsting lips
Of his loyal cadavers
And their lack of sense of humor,
I watched and laughed and cried and soiled myself and bled
Until
(6:50Am)
The sun rose.
There were no clouds.
No comments:
Post a Comment