2/19/09

A Strange Encounter

I hope it's okay if I add a note about this, uhmm, I'm just going to put it out here, my writing doesn't even come close to your 'yalls. I write because I like to, nothing else.  


Love came to me yesterday and inquired if I wish to know thee?
I accepted immidietly and held his hand as we drifted of slowly-
we saw the ocean and kissed beneath a dogwood tree-
there was nothing between me and those eyes, a sweet melody, once sang to me-
his gaze caressed my contours and dissolved under my feet-
he picked me up in his hands, lifting me into the bleak stillness, like the previous nights before-

I did not question his generosity, and I should have-
because my humanity again became apart of me-
I could no longer lift off, plunging into the grey sea-
my judgments, I am uncertain-
vision's failed, time is no longer free-
it never stops and never goes-
pushing and pulling-
forgetting but never telling-




3 comments:

  1. Natalie, oh queen of disclaimers, this is beautiful. the line breaks are funky, but that's the blog's fault... very cool, i'm glad you've joined our little cult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. minus one for the disclaimer!

    (ha! i will haunt you until your dying day. heaven forbid your dying words should contain a disclaimer. your tombstone will read, "she was a wonderful soul, but alas, minus 653 for all of the disclaimers.")

    miss you.
    -jb

    ps sheep! you beat me to it! damn you!

    ReplyDelete