9/30/09

Monster Me

Anxiety runs through me
Like a current
Through a battery
With all the burn
Of the acid within
It scathes my skin
And as lights do dim
Rest is a sin,
An unfathomable Taboo
A permanent Tattoo
Of mistakes
They take flight
At the horrible sight
of MONSTER ME!
Retribution is the key
Without it, I'll be
(Still be)
Monster Me
For an eternity.
There's a light in my fridge
That is fickle
And it mocks me
And tickles
My vision
With sickles
Of bleak blackness,
Black bleakness
Obscuring the subsistence
Of that Ivory vault
I just want my egg salad sandwich
I just want you to know,
That it isn't my fault.
It giggles at me,
As I search the lawn
For outlaw Gnomes
And fugitive Fauns
Who could love a face so flawed?
A soul so far gone.
But my soul is a sculpture
Of Mod-Podge plaster
Of paper maché
"It'll all be okay,"
Hums the night:
It will all be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment