7/8/09

This is that emptiness...

There is no answer to everything in the world. Similarly, there is no one that is perfect. We must be aware not only of the path we wish to take, but the path that we must. "Destiny" aside, there are some things that we must do when the decision becomes ours. You must know the difference between persevering--continuing to build on what you have-- and losing your goal--beginning to walk backwards. To recapitulate, I will not delude myself in saying that this is the answer, for I still do not know if the choices I have made will lead me to where I want, but I know they will lead me to where I am going, whether it be hand-in-hand with you or not.

I will always hold onto our memories of the past that have sculpted me into who I am and who I am continuing to become with each and every second past. The smiles I give, the tears I cry, the perfection I understand, the pain I feel, the promises I make, the trust I earn, the love I seek, the hate I fear, the clothes I wear, the hair I grow, the sights I see, the sound I hear, and every truth I try to comprehend are all because of you.

Don't forget me. Maybe we will be able to see each other for who and what we truly are once again after our lives have run their courses. Maybe sooner. Maybe never. There will always be a corner of my soul that will be vacant just for you.




I love you and always will.

2 comments:

  1. Shitfuckmindblown.
    How do you express your concepts this fucking eloquently? I am jealous, brother, let me tell you... This is a ridiculously cool piece, a piece I will cherish and read to my children. Or to my cats, if I never end up having kids. But don't let my jest detract from the firm truth that I regard this (in all seriousness) as an example of true brilliance.
    Write on, little poet, write on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot stress enough how brilliant this is, I read it all the time...

    ReplyDelete