I hardly remember when I was young but that's probably because I needed not memory
everything has left me, including reality
I just wish somebody could see through the eyes of me
I've built a wall around my heart so that nobody can get through
and now I have forgotten how to use it
I had a mind but it does not function properly without the heart
now I'm killing my mind, one brain cell at a time
nothing will be left of me
numbed to the extreme, you'll be able to see through me like cellophane
I'm just a fly lounging on your window pane
nobody will remember me except the cat who was hungry
Wow, that's a really strong piece, Nat. You convey an immaculate range of emotions with expressive dexterity. It's impressive. I like it a lot...
ReplyDeletePowerful imagery, too. The lines concerning the cat provide a firm but casual introduction in addition to a punchy and fantastic climax. The pacing is superb as well, it flows really nice. Top marks.